Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 13 & 14

Had a great tour at Wiener Zentralfriedhof on Wednesday. The guide was funny and very knowledgeable. She asked right away which grave we wanted to see - and I told her that I had to go and see Falco's. We saw Beethoven's, Schubert's, Brahm's, Strauss' graves and a monument for Mozart, who was buried in another cemetary in an unknown grave. I realized that politicians have the ugliest graves. Karl Lueger even had his old self painted in the cemetary's church. He stands right next to Jesus. Unbelievable.

Today, July 14th, we went on a tour of romantic courtyards and secret lanes. Saw a couple of beautiful houses, St. Anna (supposedly Mary's mother), Mozart's house where he lived for three years, the Malteser church, where many young Viennese get married, the oldest cafe in Vienna, the Frauenhuber etc. I liked the guide - she reminded me (and Top) of Mrs Doubtfire and I expected Robin Williams to jump out and ride a broom any second.

In the evening, we took Tracey Bradley to the spa. She came floating out of the massage place.
Top and I were enjoying the display of PDA in various pools. Haha!

On the bike tour tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment