Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6

Oh my goodness ice cream!!!

Our tour guide recommended a gelato shop to us, and by golly it was all she made it out to be. Definitely worth the half mile walk to it. I ordered an avocado cream mix that was simply to die for! Brilliant work on the part of the creators.

Still on the subject of food, Deef and I visited Lamm, a kebap/gyro stall across the street. The sandwich I purchased was pretty good but tasted slightly of taco meat, a definite turn off for my palate. I've had better at home. I'm hoping I can find a kebap to rival that of the masterful Kloitsburg concoction that I had in Berlin. What can I say, I'm a sucker for pickles.

The tour mentioned in paragraph one was actually very interesting, and the guide did an excellent job of presenting a history to a group who knew absolutely nothing about it. Her mannerisms might be defined as "quirky" in a typical social setting, but in the setting of a tour guide they drew in the audience and added a personal feel to the vague, distant histories. I would definitely recommend her to anyone going on such a tour.

I purchased all the ingredients necessary for Knodel today, hoping to make it for dinner, but I rediscovered our lack of a dishtowel upon our return home. Sadness followed. Hopefully the next day will meet with more knodel success.


1 comment:

  1. By the way, I'm Chase. My google profile got put in as my post name......

    ReplyDelete